Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Snoop Dog on Engineering

Just about one year ago I was in Las Vegas with my wife and oldest daughter for a conference and as we were walking through the lobby my daughter almost ran into Snoop Dog. She was so shocked and excited that by the time she gained her composure he was gone. She told all her friends that she saw Snoop and she swore that she would meet him.

Yesterday, while I was touring the diving school my wife and daughter flew to Los Angeles in a private jet to attend the Lakers game. Guess who walked in and sat nearby? As soon as she saw Snoop my daughter decided that the opportunity had arrived and she was not going to let anything or anyone stand in the way. She marched right over and asked if she could have his picture. Even better she got a picture with her friend and Snoop. What does this have to do with engineering…well nothing…except that persistence, will power, and seizing the moment are great traits? Thank's Snoop...you made her year.