Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Blackberry 8700c

I just bought a new Blackberry 8700c. Yes, I am aware of the potential shutdown of the Blackberry network in North America but I simply wanted it and from what I have heard any decision on the case could take more than two years so I think it is a safe buy. It handles all the usual things like email, phone, contacts, calendar, and can also hook into an enterprise network but what I like is the EDGE full wireless coverage with high-speed data capabilities. The downloading is blazing fast so surfing is a breeze. It is nice to be really connected as I run around San Diego. I am not sure what the list of cities nationwide that offer full EDGE through Cingular but around here it works great. The size of the device is just right for me, providing a decent size screen and workable QWERTY keypad yet still keeping the overall size on the small side. My wife calls it my new girlfriend so I must be getting some use out of it….