Thursday, January 05, 2006

Motorola HS820

Along with the Blackberry 8700c I also bought a Motorola HS820 Handsfree Headset. Using the Voicedial service from Cingular I can easily make calls while driving without taking my hand from the wheel. Well….almost. I have to press one little button on the headset then the rest is completely voice activated. The system uses the TellMe technology which has improved greatly from when I first used it back in 2000. (It is interesting watching the network traffic on their site just for the fun of it.) Anyway, the HS820 is very easy to use, is lightweight, and comfortable to wear. Pairing it with my Blackberry was extremely easy and the device holds a good connection over a fairly long distance. The cell service here on the hill in La Jolla is not the greatest so I leave the Blackberry in a location where it gets a strong signal then I can walk around using the Handsfree to deal with calls. It works great.