Thursday, January 12, 2006

Mayor Jerry Sanders

My wife and I attended San Diego’s newly elected mayor, Jerry Sanders, state of the city address. Sanders speech was well organized and delivered with power. It is refreshing to hear a public official openly take responsibility for the predicaments that the city finds itself in and offer a clear set of solutions to lead the way back to a solid foundation. Sanders has a strong team in place including his chief of staff, Ronne Froman, who I know well, and I believe they will straighten out city hall. Sanders addressed pensions, finances, infrastructure issues, housing, water and sewer, and what to do about long term airport constraints.

It was my privilege to introduce Dr. Evans, Dean of the School of Engineering and Technology at National University to Mayor Sanders. We visited with Ronne Froman, Jessie Knight, CEO of the San Diego Chamber of Commerce, his wife Joy, and Reo Carr, Editor in Chief of The Daily Transcript. (Reo and I flew to Spanish Fork last Saturday to see Spectrum fly)