Thursday, September 01, 2005

Exploring Firefox

Browsers are not created equal so check your work on multiple browsers to make sure it presents well across formats. Not long ago I tried Firefox for the first time and liked it. Although using it started out as curiosity I ended up switching over entirely. That is until one day I happened to look at this blog using Explorer and discovered that it looked awful. The layout was wrong, dividers were off, and half the page was missing. You see I had given the blog a complete makeover, altering the template using Firefox until I liked the basic look. I thought all was well until I saw it using Explorer. Wow, what a difference. It took a bit of work, using Explorer, to get it looking somewhat the same as what Firefox displayed. Although I still prefer the look of this blog using Firefox as opposed to Explorer I was reminded of a valuable lesson. Browsers are not equal.