Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Fun in the Sun Education



If I had it to do over, knowing what I know now, I would naturally attend university at NUSD. You see, I love to surf, I mean I am an addict. If I could be in the waves all day I would be (My wife and the Dean would have me shot but that is another story). Anyway, the beauty of NU is that classes are at night freeing up days for various outdoor activities like surfing, tennis, golf, cycling, or whatever the imagination can conjure up. Getting an education is a wonderful experience that cannot be taken away and should be pursued with vigor. An education process should also take full advantage of the classroom and since most classrooms are in buildings, with lights, computers, labs, and instructors, it is obvious to me that the night is the proper venue for such activities. NU provides that venue. NU is also different in that it offers one class per month. That is the focus…one class. You can get an undergrad in three years and a masters in under two. Think about it….free days, in sunny San Diego, the beach, the bikini’s, the palm trees, a slice of heaven. Oh, for the 10 or so ugly days of winter that we unfortunately have to deal with, well, snow skiing is about two hours drive so you’re covered. The more you think about it the more you’ll realize what genius it is for NU to offer night time classes. While everyone else is working indoors during the day I would be enjoying the outdoors without the crowds. By the way if you happen not to like San Diego for some reason NU has locations in several other cities….also Hawaii. It’s perfect.