Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Mathematician's Son

Mona, a mathematician, talks to her son

Mona: "I want you to marry a girl of my choice."
Son: "I will choose my own bride."
Mona: "But the girl is Bill Gates’ daughter."
Son: "Well, in that case..."

Next Mona approaches Bill Gates

Mona: "I have a husband for your daughter."
Bill Gates: "But my daughter is too young to marry."
Mona: "But this young man is a vice-president of the World Bank."
Bill Gates: "Ah, in that case..."

Finally Mona goes to see the president of the World Bank.

Mona: "I have a young man to be recommended as a vice-president."
President: "But I already have more vice-presidents than I need."
Mona: "But this young man is Bill Gates’ son-in-law."
President: "Ah, in that case....."

Never underestimate the power of mathematics...it is logical.